INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our site is operated by Keep Fit Junkie Ltd (“We"), a company registered in England & Wales, Company No. 08445671 registered office, 85, Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, England, W1W 7LT
Accessing our Services
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. Whilst we will do our best to make all content available to all users of our services, some content may not be available to users from all countries. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
In addition, there are parts of our services that are only accessible to our members and not to visitors. If you wish to register to become a member and make use of the full services that we offer, you must purchase a subscription from our site in accordance with our Terms of Purchase.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
We grant our users a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to access and use our services (subject to your ability to access our services as set out above) with the following usage restrictions:
• You may use our services for personal, private and non-commercial purposes; and you must not commercially exploit, or sell any content appearing on our services (this does not apply to any user content posted by you and in which you retain ownership rights, see paragraph on user generated content below). You have no right to sublicense the license rights granted in this section.
• Our services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as through profiles, links to articles, images and postings etc. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other members or, if public, by visitors. Where we have made settings available, we will honour the choices you make about who can see content or information on your profile page by (e.g., letting only your connects view your profile page rather than all registered users), changing the default setting for profile privacy from public to a more restricted view, limiting your profile visibility. Note that Inbox activity is by default private, only visible to the addressee(s).
Costs of using our services
We provide our users, whether as a member or visitor, with a variety of services. To benefit fully from our services you will need to register as a monthly or yearly premium member as not all aspects of our services are made available to visitors. To benefit fully from our services, you will need to pay a monthly or yearly fee. Please see our site for more details.
You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal details in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
Password and security
When you register to the site you will be asked to create a password. In order to prevent fraud, you must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting email@example.com immediately.
User generated content
We do not endorse your content, or the content of other members or writers that grant us the use to publish their work on our site. We do not guarantee the accuracy or authority of your content. We reserve the right to remove your content, at any time and for any reason, in accordance with our Participation Guidelines.
If you believe that your rights have been breached in relation to your content or that your content posted by other users is in breach of these rules, contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your complaint and we will endeavour to investigate your complaint fully.
We will always aim to provide you with the best service we can, but our service is provided "as is" and we do not and cannot promise that all of the information we provide will always be 100% accurate. Whilst we take every care to ensure that all information is accurate and complete, some of it is supplied to us by our third party partners and may not always be accurate at the time of publication. We have no control over third party content and we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of such third party content. Before relying on any information, whether it is from us or from our third party partners, we advise you to verify the accuracy before acting upon any information given.
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE AND SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WE DO NOT SCREEN OR ENQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ANY USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, NOR DO WE MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES.
To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
o loss of income or revenue;
o loss of business;
o loss of profits or contracts;
o loss of anticipated savings;
o loss of data;
o loss of goodwill;
o wasted management or office time; and
o for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Our right to suspend or cancel your registration
We may at any time and at our sole discretion, suspend or cancel your membership with us. If you are found to be abusing any of the terms outlined on our site, we have the right to suspend and/or terminate your membership. The suspension or cancellation of your registration and your right to use our site shall not affect either party's statutory rights or liabilities.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
We encourage members to link to other websites which provide insight or additional and relevant information. We try to ensure these links are suitable to be published although we cannot be responsible for linked-to content.
You may share/link to a number of our pages via the use of our share social box which allows you to share/link to our pages via your Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and/or Pinterest page/s, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a share/link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Links posted to anything that contravenes our Participation Guidelines could result in a warning, suspension or ban.
We reserve the right to withdraw sharing/linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
Thank you for visiting our site.
Last updated on 14th May 2015.
Our guidelines are designed to make clear our approach to user interaction at Keep Fit Junkie including moderation of comments and other content submitted by members.
We provide numerous opportunities for members to upload/embed videos, pictures, post comments and reviews on videos, products and articles we publish on the site. Our job is to provide an environment where members feel that they are able to contribute and that as many as possible actively get involved on a regular basis. We hope that these guidelines will explain the standard of behaviour we expect from members and encourage more people to join in.
Uploads, posting and review standards
There are six simple user standards that we expect members to follow when interacting with us.
1. We respect all our users and expect you to respect each other. Please ensure comments, reviews, posts and uploads of images, pictures, text and embed videos are legal, tasteful and civil. Personal attacks, harassment and inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
2. Choose your words carefully and do not use language and images that is threatening or offensive to any individual or groups. Understand that words and images which you deem acceptable may be offensive to others.
3. We acknowledge that there may be criticism to some of our published material but insults or repeated attacks directed towards material or author of the material will not be tolerated. If you would like to comment on the impartiality of an article or a piece of published material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Maintain a respectful tone, especially when discussing heated or controversial issues. We realise this can be hard and we recommend that users re-read comments before posting.
5. Help us take responsibility for the level of conversation on the website by ensuring comments are relevant and on topic. If you think discussion on an article or a piece of material is moving away from the intended topic, please email email@example.com.
6. Where you refer to reports, studies, other articles and additional information, do your best to link to the original source. This extra context is conducive for having interesting and useful discussions and will result in better feedback from our other readers.
Our approach to user generated content
We moderate comments made by our members in accordance with these Participation Guidelines and content that does not breach these guidelines will stay on the site. Our aim is to ensure that all members enjoy our services. In order to ensure our members remain compliant with our Participation Guidelines, we have created a list of prohibited interactions, which we hope you will find useful. Interactions must not:
1. promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age or links to articles or websites that do the same;
2. harass, threaten or attack anyone or otherwise behave in a way that could cause annoyance or distress to our members;
3. be obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent;
4. use swear words, act in a threatening or abusive manner or promote violence;
5. make libellous or defamatory comments about others;
6. contain any information which personally identifies another individual (such as name, phone number and address), unless it is editorially justified, in the public domain or express consent has been obtained;
7. constitute or encourage conduct that would be a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
8. violate, plagiarise or infringe the rights of third parties including any copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right. Including making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of materials protected by copyright without the permission of the owner;
9. post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation unauthorised by Keep Fit Junkie;
10. breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
11. contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature;
12. contain advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind, unless editorially justified;
13. be likely to upset, embarrass and alarm any other person;
14. constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact;
15. create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person);
16. scrape or copy profiles and information of others through any means (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, and any other technology or manual work);
17. be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; and
18. interfere with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the site.
We will refrain from publishing content that breaches these guidelines and may edit or remove a comment we feel has caused offence to our members. This is in the interest of keeping our interactive/community areas appropriate for the people who visit.
If a member seriously or repeatedly violates these guidelines, we will take whatever action necessary to ensure these violations are prevented from continuing. This may involve sending you an alert via the relevant community/profile area or by sending you an email, indicating how you have violated our guidelines. If we find a member to be a serial offender of our guidelines, we can and will:
1. have their posting, review and uploading/embedding privileges removed
2. in the most extreme cases, terminate your membership/account with us without any refund of your membership fees, and if necessary pass your details to any relevant law enforcement authorities or regulatory bodies.
At all times, we reserve the right to take actions that we think will benefit our members. We will always try to communicate any changes that affect our members, although this is not always possible. All actions taken by the Keep Fit Junkie Management Team are final. If you have any queries or suggestions about how to improve participation with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be responsible for our losses and costs resulting from your breach of these Participation Guidelines.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I add reviews?
Members have the opportunity to leave comments underneath products featured on the Equipment, Gear & Kit pages as well as add reviews to videos. Comments should try to provide insight, contribute knowledge or refer to additional and relevant information and should abide by our Participation Guidelines.
How does moderation work?
Comments are assessed against our Participation Guidelines. Occasionally we will turn off reviews on products and videos during busy periods.
Why do we moderate?
Our job is to ensure that as many members as possible enjoy and get involved in discussions on our articles. Checking comments as they are published allows us to weed out those that infringe our Participation Guidelines. If your comments abide by our Participation Guidelines, your comment will stay on the site.
How can you make a complaint about moderation?
You can send any questions or queries about moderation to email@example.com. We cannot promise to respond individually to every email we receive although we will read everything and provide a response where appropriate.
How can you recommend a member?
Recommending a member by clicking on the ‘Recommendation Star’ is a way of saying that you recommend their page to other members for insight, personal experience, achievements, knowledge and the relevance of the information.
We encourage members to recommend other members as it helps the best contributions move to the top. Members are notified when another member recommends their page by clicking on the star on their profile picture.
How can you delete comments on your profile?
Members are able to delete comments made by them or by other members on their profile pages. You can do this by clicking the delete button next to each comment to remove each comment from your profile page.
Do we edit comments?
Occasionally the Keep Fit Junkie team will edit comments/reviews where a member has made an offensive remark in their comment which has been published on the site. Any edits we make should not affect the meaning of the comment/review. If you have a complaint about how your comment has been edited, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why was your comment/review removed?
Where can you see all your reviews?
As a premium monthly or yearly member you can see your latest 30 reviews by going onto the Activity page. However, if you exceed 30 reviews, the oldest reviews will be deleted from your page, but may still feature on the site.
What should you do if you see inappropriate content?
If you see comments which you believe are inappropriate, please email email@example.com stating which comment and the page you saw the comment for further investigation by the Keep Fit Junkie Management team. Please note that flagging a comment as inappropriate does not necessarily mean the comment will be removed.
How do we decide if a comment/review is acceptable?
The Management team use the Participation Guidelines as the basis for all decisions. They will also use their knowledge of the topic, the context of the conversation and the history of the readers involved to make a judgement. The nature of our business means that decisions are not always explicit. In these circumstances, we ask that members accept that the decisions have been made in good faith for the benefit of the wider community.
Why do we remove comments/review containing bad language?
Bad language directed towards others users goes against our Participation Guidelines and will not be tolerated. Where swear words are used to express disgust or dismay about a topic or article, the Management team will exercise their judgement and often ask for the comment/review to be deleted.
Why don’t you get told that your review has been deleted?
At the moment, the system we use does not accommodate for this. In some circumstances, we will email members to let them know why their review has been deleted. In most cases, a commenter will be able to work out why a comment has been deleted by consulting our Participation Guidelines.
What happens if someone repeatedly infringes our Participation Guidelines?
We have an escalation procedure in which we communicate to the user via email that they have broken our Participation Guidelines. The procedure is as follows:
1. First warning - We will warn the member by email and explain how their behaviour contravenes our Participation Guidelines.
2. Final warning - We will contact the member by email again to explain how their behaviour is damaging the community and that a further infringement will result in a suspension.
3. Suspension - We will contact the member by email to inform them they have been suspended.
4. Ban - We will contact members that repeatedly infringe to inform them that they have been banned.
Depending on the severity of the infringement, we reserve the right to move straight to a final warning.
Who can read your comments?
Your comments posted on your profile page can be read by all our users, until you set your privacy setting to only registered users can see my profile page or only my connections can see my profile page.
Who can post comments on my profile page?
Only a member who you are connected to can write on your profile wall.
Who can read your reviews?
Your reviews can be read by all members, but not by all users as some of the reviews will be on content that will be blocked to non-monthly and yearly members.
How can I connect with other members?
To connect with other members you must join at least one tribe. Once you have joined a tribe you will be able to see other members that have also joined that tribe and only when you are both monthly or yearly premium members will you be able to click on their connection link, which you can access by hovering over their picture. An email will them be sent to the member you wish to connect with for them to accept your connection request. Then once connected both parties, once signed in, will be able to send each other emails via their Inbox and post comments on their profile walls.
How can you change your screen name?
When you become a member, your display name can be your real name or a username (such as a stage name or nickname). We do prefer it when members comment under their real name because it makes them accountable for their opinions and improves the level of conversation on the site. However, we allow users to switch between their real name and username at any given time by clicking on My Account on the website and going to Edit Your Personal Details. There you can pick to display your real name or username. Please beware usernames cannot be changed once set.
Why can’t you use certain screen names?
You may not select as your name the name of another person with the intent of masquerading as that person or using a screen name that we deem as offensive. If you fail to change your display name when prompted, we may give you a warning and in due course, suspend or ban you. However, if the display name in question is your username we will contact you direct and ask for an appropriate member of staff at Keep Fit Junkie to change it on your behalf.
How can you change who can view your profile page?
When you become a registered or a paid monthly/yearly premium member, your notification settings are set immediately. To change this, members should click on My Account on the website and go to Edit My Privacy Settings. There they can alter the setting to “Everyone Can View My Profile” to “Only Registered Users Can View My Profile” or “Only My Connections Can View My Profile”.
How can I change my email notification settings?
When you become a registered or a paid monthly/yearly premium member, your notification settings are set immediately. To change that, members should click on My Account on the website and go to Edit My Privacy Settings. There you can alter the setting to “Please Notify Me of Any Connection Requests, Messages, Updates etc. By Email” to “Do not Send Me Notifications By Email”. Please note this excludes emails that inform you of important information about your account and the service we provide.
Can you use multiple logins to comment?